[Uml-user] Some questions/problems

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun May 2 10:23:02 UTC 2004

Roberto Allende <rallende at hal.famaf.unc.edu.ar> [040502 18:50]:
> Unfortunately that's a serious problem but there are small details
> that can reduce the time required to add some tasks,
> for example, I didn't find a cookbook. I saw some documentation (a class
> diagram) about the project. Are there something like that ?.

No, you can only generate the doxygen documentation directly from the
source, this is pretty good.

> I didn't find documentation about the how the project works, i.e.
> development process...

Get the source from CVS (HEAD). See the FAQ and developer.kde.org for this.
Compile it, make sure it works (you can see the icons). Hack the code as you
like and send a patch (diff -u) to uml-devel. We will review it. Mostly we
commit it for you to CVS. After some more good accepted patches, you will
get write access, if you like.

> i mean stuff like, what are the criteria to suggest addons or bugs?

Everybody could submit a bug report or add a feature request. You only need
a bugzilla account. You can get one from bugs.kde.org

>  or how do you use bugzilla on the project, how do i suggest a new pice of
>  code... shall i upload to the cvs and that's all ?....

Use bugs.kde.org. And if you have new code, first send the patch to
uml-devel.

> well maybe that's question are answered (and if they're please tell me
> where) o not.

You should also browse the uml-devel archives a little bit. I think there
you can see how the project works.

> In both cases an IRC would help me and since i have not so much time could
> be the difference between doing some contribution or not.

I don't use IRC and I won't start, because I don't have a flat rate.
Nevertheless, you could always post your question about development to
uml-devel and you will get an answer.

Sebastian
--
ONE FAMILY! Leipzig 2012 - Olympic Summer Games
http://www.leipzig2012.com/