[Uml-user] Umbrello - UML and XMI versions

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Mar 26 12:58:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 04:06:13PM +0000, Anna Persson  wrote:
> Anna Persson wrote:

> > What version of UML and XMI are supported by Umbrello?

> Please tell me what documentation to read (and where to find it). I couldn't find that information in the FAQ, in
> the Handbook, at the "Feature" page or anywhere else at the homepage (I haven't checked out "Developer's
> Resources" that much, but it couldn't be the right place since I'm not a developer..).

Yes, not a very helpful answer whoever you were.

If you look at one of the XMI files as text it says the XMI version is
1.2 and the UML version is 1.3.  Do not take these too seriously as
the XMI and UML standards are hard to follow and we don't follow them
very well.  Other programs also have varying success in following the
XMI standard and the files produced are rarely compatible.

Jonathan Riddell