[Uml-user] "Phantom" relationships in the model

Veprinskiy, Mikhail Mikhail.Veprinskiy at dig.com
Fri Mar 5 12:17:06 UTC 2004

I checked this only with C++ code generation but I am pretty sure that
it is not in the generation code but in the modeling environment (or in
my DNA because I am doing something wrong).

Test is simple-just create a class, add relationship (for instance
cyclic aggregation) and select "view code". You will see field with the
class name (no value) and set of methods (depends on the multiplicity
and other parameters selected). Now close "view code" and remove
relationship. I believe it Umbrello does remove some
relationship-related references from the code but not all (not nearly
all).

1)       You end up with "phantom" methods/members from removed
relationships

2)       (and this must be code generation perk) .cpp file seems to be
completely unrelated to the .h file (different methods, fields,
signatures, etc.)

Did anybody else have same issues? How do you work around them?

I use Umbrello 1.2

KDE 3.2 (built from source, Umbrello built as part of SDK)

Redhat Linux 9 (or whatever left of it after all upgrades).

Thanks!