[Uml-user] Basic question on code generation

Lee Hoffner lhoffner at directedmotion.com
Tue Jul 20 09:22:31 UTC 2004

Just upgraded to Mandrake 10.0 Official and installed the Umbrello 1.2.1 app
from the Mandrake RPMs. It works fine and (for the first time) I actually
have the Umbrello Handbook! (For some reason, it never installed before when
I compiled from source...)

So, now I am able to learn as I use and have therefore begun to try and do
some UML.

My question is: can I write thestatements carried out by my objects (I write
Actionscript) in Umbrello? Or will Umbrello simply create the classes and
leave me to add the statements to the Umbrello-generated code in an editor? I
ask this because I seem only to be able to:
-create a class
-add attributes (properties)
-add operations (methods or functions)
-declare parameters for operations
-add documentation for each

But, I don't see where I can add the actual statements carried out by each
operation. I couldn't find anything on doing this in the Handbook: am I
supposed to be able to do what I described?

Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the paradigm of UML, so I may not have the
right expectations. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!