[Uml-user] Further development of Umbrello?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Wed Dec 22 06:01:02 UTC 2004

>> is there any chance to see Umbrello integrated with for example KDevelop
>> for seamless round-trip development from/to UML?
>
> Integration with KDevelop is difficult, not least because their
> internal code model is different from ours and lacks some features we need.

OK, but it would still be great to be able to do round-trips from Umbrello
to KDevelop (or some other open-source development environment, KDevelop
was just an example) and back, doing the design in Umbrello and filling in
the code  in KDevelop that usually isn't automatically created from the
model.

Would this be possible some day?

>> And/or any chance to see
>> UML 2 support (profiles) someday?
>
> I don't know much about UML 2, can you tell us more about profiles?

http://www.uml.org/#UML2.0 :-)

Best regards

Wolfgang Keller