[Uml-user] Umbrello on FC2

Andrei Smirnov andrei at cemrweb.cemr.wvu.edu
Sun Aug 29 12:59:01 UTC 2004

I solved the Umbrello installation problem on Fedore Core 2
I was actually missing some packages. Here are the final set
of packages I had to get to get it running:

[KDE]:
kdesdk-3.2.2-2
kdesdk-devel-3.2.2-2
kdevelop-3.0.3-1
lockdev-1.0.1-2.3.1
lockdev-devel-1.0.1-2.3.1
kdelibs-3.2.2-4
kdelibs-devel-3.2.2-4

[QT]:
qt-3.3.2-2
qt-designer-3.3.2-2
qt-devel-3.3.2-2

And for some reason I had to install these:
libselinux-1.11.4-1
libselinux-devel-1.11.4-1

It works now. Thanks.

Andrei

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 09:34:46AM -0400, Andrei Smirnov wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying unsuccessfully to install umbrello on RH Fedora Core 2.
> > Before I was working on FC1 (umbrello-1.2). Now, on FC2 I tried both:
> > umbrello-1.2.1, umbrello-1.2.92, and umbrello-1.3.0, and I always get the
> > error message when running ./configure:
> >
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (headers
> > and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
> > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> > The end of config.log shows:
>
> Normally I'd say you would be missing the qt headers package but you
> say you have that installed.
>
> > qt-devel-3.3.2-2
>
> Maybe try setting --with-qt-headers= and --with-qt-libs=  to wherever
> Red Hat installs them (locate qlist.h; locate libqt-mt.so).
>
> Jonathan Riddell

Dr. Andrei Smirnov,  West Virginia University
Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Morgantown WV, 26506-6106
Tel:+1(304)293 3111 x2345, fax:+1(304)2936689
Email: asmirnov at wvu.edu
http://smirnov.mae.wvu.edu     1024D/F5A073F4