[Uml-user] Comparison to MagicDraw

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Aug 4 10:49:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 07:23:38PM +0300, Larry Weisberg wrote:

>    Has anyone done a feature-by-feature comparison of Umbrello vs.
>    MagicDraw?  At first glance they are close, but before I invest a lot
>    of time using Umbrello for my designs, I'd like to make sure that it
>    is not missing something critical.
>
>    I know the price of Umbrello is much better than MagicDraw :-)

Never heard of MagicDraw but looking at the screenshots on their
website it looks like it has a horrible Java Swing user interface like
all too many other UML programs.  They probably beat us for features
but then you would hope so since their program is both proprietry and
costs money.

Jonathan Riddell