[Uml-user] Some questions/problems

Veprinskiy, Mikhail Mikhail.Veprinskiy at dig.com
Tue Apr 27 16:21:04 UTC 2004

I was wondering if I would be the only one interested in an IRC channel
dedicated to Umbrello. How about one on Freenode? Or wherever else...
To add some points to Tanuj's list (and ask some questions):
   "Relationship shown between the classes in class diagram depends on
the sequence of drag and drop" - What do you mean by that? Relationship
between classes depends on what relationship you define (like
aggregation and stuff). I am sure there is something to your point, I
just did not understand (sorry).
   "In forward engineering it generates the get, set methods of member
variables and these methods are present as private member functions".
Yes, and there are two problems with that. 1) It is private; accessors
are not supposed to be private 2) In Code Generation Wizard there is a
check box under the Language Options "generate accessor methods" that
does not really affect code generation.
   I have few more of my own to add.
   I was unable to configure target directory for code generation at
generation time; only global setting seems to work
   I can not turn off comment generation (even though I do click the
check box)
   Composition and Aggregation create child-to-parent reference (C++),
so if I have a general interface Node and I have class
MyHighlySpecializedClass that contains nodes, reference to
MyHighlySpecializedClass is added to Node.
   Generated includes into header files (C++) work fine; includes for
cpp file a) do not include reference to associated header file which
might help and b) have includes like '#include "string"` and `#include
vector"`
   Inconvenient (or maybe I just do not know the right way) to extent
the working (screollable) area.

I would like to get your guys feedback on the IRC idea. Meanwhile I will
try to look through the source code myself, maybe will be able to do
something :)