[Uml-user] Recursive aggregations in umbrello 1.1.1

A E Lawrence A.E.Lawrence at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 13:48:02 UTC 2003

I am a new user of Umbrello 1.1.1 and I do not seem to be able to construct
a recursive aggregation: "Incorrect use of associations".

See http://www.auldenfire.com/aitpncc/resources/uml.shtml for an example
where a Divison may contain another Division.

I can however draw a recursive association.

The archive mentions something similar for both associations and aggregations.

Is this intended? I have not read the UML definition so I am not sure if
this is supposed to be legal. I seem to need it, but perhaps there is
another way. But since recursive data structures are common, when they get
mapped onto objects, this seems to be the natural way to show this in UML?

ael