[Uml-user] Umberllo on Sun Solaris

Haim Cohen haim.cohen at analog.com
Wed Mar 19 23:15:01 UTC 2003

Hi,

First, configure fails with this error :
ld.so.1: /opt/kde3/bin/kde-config: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/kde3/bin/kde-config: symbol _ZN7QString11shared_nullE: referenced symbol not found
configure: error: /opt/kde3/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non existant prefix '' for kdelibs.
                          This means it has been moved since you installed it.
                          This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the new prefix.

Secondly, even when I made configure to finish and generate the Makefile, there were lot of compilation/linkage errors that I have solved with adding/removing paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH . ( I have already installed Qt 3.1.2 prior to Umberllo installation attempts )
But at the end of the make process,  the linkage which generates the Umberllo executable fails.
I don't remember the exact error message, but there was a warning about a conflict between libstdc++.so and another lib, and then I got a tons of linkage errors about undefined references. Anyway, I will be happy to get the binaries, since this Umbrello is essential to my project now.

Thanks!

Haim Cohen
Software Engineer
CAD group