[Uml-user] Next Umbrello: Will it be backwards compatible?

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 06:33:04 UTC 2003

Chris Gordon-Smith <c.gordon-smith at cwcom.net> [030727 15:22]:
> Does anyone know how stable the file format that it saves to is; will the
> next stable release be able to read files produced by V1.2 alpha? I want
> to document my artificial chemistry project using Umbrello, but would not
> want to spend a lot of time doing this if there is a chance that the next
> stable release will not be able to read the files I produce.

It isn't planned to change. Maybe we will store function bodies (source
code) in the xmi file, but I don't know if Brian Thomas is going to
implement this.

Nevertheless, last week we found a problem and now we have problems loading
old files (version <= 1.1). We don't know if there is another problem in
which needs maybe a fileformat breaking fix...

Steinchen
--
Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation