[Uml-user] just some comment

Wolfram Kriesing wolfram at visionp.de
Wed Feb 26 09:56:52 UTC 2003

hi everyone.

since i am using the umbrello now more and more i have some things i
thought i run by. i know its an opensource project and i could help
out myself and provide patches. and i definitely would like to, once i
have some spare time (beside my open source projects:-) and work)  i
will definitely have a look and may be i can provide some input too.
just for the record i work with PHP.

but for now i just want to throw in some ideas.

1)
generating and importing code.
i noticed that using umbrello in the dev-process is really cool, but
when it comes to really developing stuff i would still have to update
two things parallel. the code itself (which might have been generated
out of umbrello) and the UML-presentation in umbrello.
so my idea was it would be great if umbrello could 'work' on the
existing classes this way that it reads the class structure or
generates it and when modifying it in umbrello it leaves all the
existing code as it is and adds/modifies the things i changed/added in
umbrello.

2)
customizing im- and export
when exporting the code it would be great to be able to have some code
template-pieces which are used for the generation. i.e.
	include '<package>/<classname>'
might be exported as
	require_once $config->classPath.'<package>/<classname>';
since my code might require it to be done like this (PHP is just that
flexible)
i hope it is clear what i mean

3)
generating the pieces of code that i 'draw' in the activity diagram

just some ideas :-)

--
Wolfram

... opensource @ vision:produktion ...