[Uml-user] Umbrello

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Thu Feb 20 19:49:15 UTC 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 09:21 am, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Wes Peters wrote:
> > Umbrello UML Modeller: 1.1
>
> You might want 1.1.1 if you're ever going to print anything.
>
> > FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
>
> Don't fancy making FreeBSD packages of it do you :)

Sure.  I think the "bento cluster" @freebsd.org does anyhow.  Are you
looking for binary packages you can offer for download from your
website?  If so, I'll be happy to provide them tomorrow when I get back
to my office.  I'll even throw in the dependencies if you want.

> > I have just one question: would you consider adding a basic
> > database diagram, such as ERD, to the model?  We use PostgreSQL to
> > store data for our application and so far have had to resort to
> > Visio for our ERDs.  I would much rather use a tool like Umbrello
> > for the entire model, here on my comfortable and functional FreeBSD
> > workstation.
>
> Seems a fair idea.  This is a UML programme rather than a general
> diagramming programme but I suspect entity-relashion goes with UML
> quite well.
>
> In the mean time try dia or brave Kivio.

Trying both, not liking them as much as Umbrello.  ;^)

Wes Peters                                                  Softweyr LLC
wes at softweyr.com                                    http://softweyr.com/