[Uml-user] not able to start umbello

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Feb 12 13:55:05 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Joseph Pearson wrote:
> I installed umbrello-1.1.1-rh73.i386.rpm on my redhat 7.3 x86 system and
> when I try to start the application (Development -> Umbello UML Modeller)
> the program show the spash screen, initially kicks of the application and
> then crashes.  Why >??????

We've had reports of problems with this RPM.  The person who made it
wasn't using a pure Red Hat 7.3 install but had updated with up2date.  You
can try updateing using up2date or compile from source (and donate the
resulting RPM :)

> Also how can I get involved with helping with development with this product.

Search through http://bugs.kde.org or find a bug or lack of
feature yourself (probably not too difficult).  Sign up to uml-devel.  Fix
it.  Submit patch in diff -u format.  All contributions welcome.

Jonathan Riddell