[Uml-user] Orthogonal Lines

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Apr 21 04:58:06 UTC 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Frank Schoep wrote:

> I've recently discovered Umbrello and previously I used Together to create the
> UML models I need. Umbrello is fine for all things I want to do, but my
> diagrams always get messy because it does not automatically 'snap' the lines
> between classes at 90 degrees -if possible-. I am used to Together which
> tries to create orthogonal lines. Is there any way that Umbrello will support
> this kind of feature in the future?
>
> I like the program very much as it is right now, orthogonal lines would just
> make it better :-)

It would be nice but the code which does associations is quite messy for
the good reason that it's difficult to do.  Lines that stay at 90 degree
angles would be neater but are unlikely to happen any time soon in
Umbrello 1 I'm afraid.  Anti-alias lines would be a good alternative but
there's no easy way to do that either.

Jonathan Riddell