[Uml-user] ANSI-C code generation?

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Sun Oct 27 11:39:02 UTC 2002

Hi Fabio,

On Friday 25 October 2002 09:00, Hanna Italy - R&D SW wrote:
> is there a (possible) way to limit the UML functionalities in Umbrello so
> that it does not use classes?

as I said, it should be possible to find a way of mapping classes to C
structures and functions, and therefore it should be possible to make a
CodeGenerator for C for Umbrello,

now.... limiting UML so that it does not uses classes seems to me as trying to
limit a car so that it doesnt use wheels and tires
I mean, UML is about classes and objects, so, you might want to ask yourself
if this is what you want / need.

If you want to desing your programs in a Object-oriented way, then we can try
to map the classes to C functions, but if you want to design and develop your
programs  in a pure procedural way, I think you dont need a UML tool, but
some other method to design your applications. Sorry I cannot help you there
any further.

regards,

luis