[Uml-user] ANSI-C code generation?

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Oct 24 10:54:09 UTC 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 19:24, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > is it possible to generate plain ANSI-C code (not C++) with Umbrello?
> > I would like to use it for embedded systems, with small microprocessors
> > for which only C compilers are available.
>
> This isn't currently possible.  It wouldn't be very difficult to write a
> plugin library to do this if you had a logical way to munge the object's
> into C features.

I think also think it should not be too dificult --if you have a very simple
modell, that is.--. you just have to make a strucutre with all the data
members of the class, and at the the code generator has to insert an extra
parameter to the function (the "this" pointer)
You'd only have to prefix all function names with the class (because of name
conflicts)

the problem is that now the C++ compiler takes care of inherited functions,
and if you want to generate C code you would have to and examine the whole
clase hierarchie to generate the code.

luis.