[Uml-user] Q: modelling of use case: system container?

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Tue Oct 15 23:57:02 UTC 2002

Hi Heiko,

Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 08:31 schrieb Heiko Nardmann:
> Hi!
>
> First - I am new to umbrello. So I have a maybe really stupid question
> concerning my first steps with version 1.1.

It is very simply to create a use case in umbrello. At first you have to
create a use case diagram (click the right button on the 'Use Case View',
select New -> Use Case Diagram and type in the name of your diagram)
Next select the new created use case diagram and click the right button and
select New -> Use Case and type in the name of the use case.
If you have the toolbar enanbled you see an ellipse icon which indicates the
use case as an UML element. Otherwise you may also create a use case by
clicking New->Use Case in the List view. This use case is not drawn in the
diagram. If you want to use it move it with drag'n drop to the diagram.

Regards

Jens