[Uml-user] documentation & code generation

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Nov 20 14:27:02 UTC 2002

> I was trying to test Umbrello's code generation. Didn't manage to : the
> sub-menu of Help/Active Language is empty. And I did not find no other

either I am not understanging your question, or ...what does the "Help" have
to do here??

anyways:
There are two ways to set the active language:

1 -  go to the "Code" menu, then the submenu "Active Language" and from there
select one of Cpp, Java, or PHP  (or other languages you might have addes
yourself)

2- Menu "Settings", then "Configure Umbrello..." and finaly select the "Code
Generation" icon on the left. There you can set all defaults for Code
Generation, including the active language.

Note that the "Active Language" is only the default language that the Code
Generator is going to use if you dont say otherwise, but you can always
change your mind in the last minute if you use the "Code Generation Wizard"
from the "Code" menu

> Then I tried to have a look on the documentation, and the only
> documentation I can get is KDE's help.

did you install from source or rpm?

If you installed from source you have an error in your configuation, (you
installed the documentation to a directory different from the default KDE
dir, and that's why it is not being found)
in that case move your documentation from where you installed it to
/opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en  (this  path is valid for Suse, if you are on RH
or other distro you might need to change /opt/kde3 for something like /usr or
/usr/local)

If you installed from an rpm, please let us know to fix this.

Note that the documentation is outdated and there is no mention of the Code
Generator there (because it is a new feature).
The new documentation should be ready in a couple of days.

regards,

luis