[Uml-user] Kudos on the modeller

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 16:41:03 UTC 2002

Hi Steve,

> First off, I am generating java code and have been unable to create
> interfaces. Are interfaces supported?

Interfaces are not yet supported.
I had not really notice this.. since I (and I think most of the developers)
are using Umbrello for C++, and C++ supports multiple inheritance, interfaces
are really pure virtual classes, which you can get by marking a class as
"Abstract" in Umbrello.
Plese add this to the feature request so that we don't forget it for the next
version.

> Also, I was trying to import Java classes and I can get it to import some

Java import is not supported. If you can import somthings from java, it is
really pure coincidence because the syntax is so similar to C++

> of the source but not all. The handbook states that Java import is not
> really supported. Has anyone gotten this to work well?

The handbook states that only C++ is supported, so I dont think anyone has
gotten Java import really working (unless you import a very simple class that
fools the C++ Parser)

In the future we are planning on extending this to support more languages, and
Java is likely to be the first one.

regards,
luis