How to filter compilation issues on Qt Creator building Umbrello using CMake build?

Robert Hairgrove code at roberthairgrove.com
Fri Nov 5 10:36:15 GMT 2021

I am using Qt Creator 4.12.2 with Qt 5.12.9 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.5. I
am building the "umbrello-master" branch in Debug mode; version appears
to be version 2.14.0 (4.14.0) in the ChangeLog.

Qt Creator loads and parses the Umbrello project OK, but when I try to
build it, I get > 1500 issues which mostly seem to apply to running
Doxygen. However, these are very strange ... it appears that all of the
auto-generated "moc_" files are being parsed by Doxygen as well;
otherwise I would not see these, for example:

moc_sqlimport.cpp:57: warning: documented symbol 'void
SQLImport::qt_static_metacall' was not declared or defined.
moc_parser.cpp:65: warning: documented symbol 'const QMetaObject
Parser::staticMetaObject' was not declared or defined.
(etc.)

And this one is just too funny:

LGPL-2.0-only.txt:25: warning: documented symbol 'GNU LIBRARY GENERAL
PUBLIC LICENSE June Inc Franklin Fifth USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
license but changing it is not allowed' was not declared or defined.

I believe this should be corrected in the Doxygen file somewhere
(probably in "build/Doxyfile.apidoc"), but I am not too well-versed with
Doxygen.

Is there a filter in Qt  Creator I can set which will hide all of these
strange warnings? I have to hunt very hard before seeing any useful
warnings about the code itself.