Umbrello website and Snap package

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Aug 14 11:37:23 BST 2019

Am 05.07.19 um 20:28 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
Hi Jonathan, > We made a Snap package for Umbrello
https://snapcraft.io/umbrello thanks for this pointer.

>it would be good to test it
I installed the app with the hints from
https://snapcraft.io/install/umbrello/opensuse#install and I started the
application with
   'snap run umbrello'

The applications comes up and seems to work, except that after a
language change the new language is only visible on buttons (I tested
'german' and restarted app). Also the application version, which is
2.26.0 is outdated, current version is 2.29.0.

> out and add it to the website
> https://umbrello.kde.org/installation.php
This was added some weeks ago

> Although the website looks out of date.  There's people now who will
> update the theme if wanted.

That would be nice if some special things like the feature page
(https://umbrello.kde.org/features.php, source
https://cgit.kde.org/websites/umbrello-kde-org.git/tree/features.php),
the bugs.kde.org gateway (e.g.
http://umbrello.kde.org/resolvedbugs.php?19.08) and other pages with
intensive PHP processing can be ported or reused.

> The release info box could also get it out of the appstream data once we
> have that going.

You are pointing to the "Latest News" section or somewhere else ?

Ralf