wish to develop umbrello ...

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Apr 9 16:49:26 UTC 2018

Am 07.04.2018 um 19:51 schrieb Tellence:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to develop umbrello.
>
> I do not coding for living but had some experience with it. Mainly
> with VBA, C#, SQL, Java (little thinks).
>
> Now I lern c++ and would code some pices of software.
>
> For planing I whant to use umbrello and there I had see a bug
You may take a look at https://umbrello.kde.org/openbugs.php to see if
it is already tracked. If your bug is not listed, feel free to open a
new bug report.
> and I also have a wish.
Please take a look at https://umbrello.kde.org/totofeatures.php to see
if it is already tracked, otherwise feel free to open a new feature request.

> But to start is not so easy. I usealy use some IDE. For c++ now codeblocks
> But I can't load source code into codeblock because it is not made
> with it.
umbrello is build with the help of cmake, which can be configured to
support code blocks, see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37618040/codeblocks-with-cmake for
some hints.
see https://umbrello.kde.org/installation.php#install-source-code-linux

> and to debug within some IDE? A document, forum IRC-chanel.
I personally use QtCreator and gcc on openSUSE Linux, which gives the
shortest edit,compile,debug cycles and is very comfortable. Compiling on
Linux also has the advantage that distributions already provide packages
that are needed by umbrello, so that you can build umbrello very quickly.

On Windows you need to compile all 3rdparty packages by yourself. If you
wish to compile on native Windows you may take a look at
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows

There is also an option to cross compile umbrello for Windows on Linux
using the osc command line client
(http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.osc.html).
The related obs projects are located at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home%3Arhabacker%3Abranches%3Awindows%3Amingw%3Awin32%3AKF5Apps/mingw32-umbrello5