[umbrello-devel] umbrello last binary version for ubuntu

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jan 22 13:01:12 UTC 2015

Am 22.01.2015 um 13:29 schrieb Philippe Couas:

> Hi
>

> I have found umbrello_4.14.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb but it need
> libkdecore5_4.14.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb and my ubunu 14.04 is i conflit
> with kdelibs-bin 4:13.3
>
> How could i resolve my problem without problems on my ubuntu 14.04 ?

At least I see two options:

1. Upgrade to kde 4.14, but this may not solve your issue if the bug has
not been fixed in 4.14 :-(
2. self compile from git Applications/14.12 or master branch.

On opensuse, which is the distribution I'm working with, in those cases
I would rebuild the currently used umbrello package from a source rpm to
be sure to get all required build dependencies by
1. running
     zypper si umbrello

2. then replace the source tar ball with the newest from
Applications/14.12.x, see http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/
      see /usr/src/packages/SPEC/umbrello.spec

3. and rebuild the package with
      sudo rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPEC/umbrello.spec

4. then install the package
      sudo rpm -ivh /usr/src/packages/RPMS/x86_64/umbrello*.rpm

5. run the new installed umbrello

For ubuntu there should be similar way, but I do not know exactly how
to. At least I found that there is pbuilder, which is a chroot
environment for building ubuntu/debian packages , see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto

Ralf