[umbrello-devel] QtModeling and Umbrello

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 17:55:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Ralf Habacker <ralf at habacker.de> wrote:
> Am 13.08.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>
> /home/qt/src/qtmodeling/src/modeling/qmodelingobject_p.h:45:31: fatal error:
> private/qobject_p.h: No such file or directory
>
> #include "private/qobject_p.h"
>
> Got it - qtmodeling requires private headers from qt which are supported on
> opensuse by the 'libqt5-qtbase-private-headers-devel' package. For Windows
> there is currently no such package available.
>
> Because qtmodeling depends on qt internals it is required to recompile
> qtmodeling with every new qt release, which increases required support.

Yes, that's because it extends some features from QObject. KF5 also requires
qt's private headers. Getting rid of that would imply in some undesired overhead
when creating private classes in pimpl implementations.

> Also it looks that there are no public binary packages (at least on
> opensuse), which makes distribution builds.more complicated.

I used to be some QtModeling packages being created in OBS. I can
bring they back if
you find it useful.

Cheers,
Sandro