[umbrello-devel] PHP Templates

Joris Steyn jorissteyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:42:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

that's a great idea. Just to make sure we're talking about the same
thing; did you use the 'PHP5' language instead of 'PHP' (which is
PHP4)?

The code currently generated seems to follow PEAR convention, barring
some docblocks. And I believe phpcs uses PEAR by default. Do you
already have specific improvements in mind?

Maybe it's nice if it outputted PSR-[12] compliant code, considering
that's what people seem to write these days. Some idea's in that
direction:

* omit the closing tag (?>)
* no side-effects (remove require/include statements)
* make the indentaton setting default to 4 spaces for PHP
* write namespaces like I believe the cpp writer does don't use line
* comments on closing braces ('end of ...')
* ...

What do you think?

If you'd like to go forward with this, having an issue filed in the
bug tracker would be a good start. And if you're into that, you could
take a look at the Umbrello's php5writer.cpp and get your hands dirty.

See https://umbrello.kde.org/developers.php for more info on
development and be sure to let us know if you need any help!

Regards,

Joris Steyn.