[umbrello-devel] Activation bar in Umbrello Modeller

Maurizio Luciani m.luciani91 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:21:02 UTC 2014

Dear developers,
I'm Maurizio Luciani and I'm using for a long time Umbrello UML Modeller
for my works in University (exactly in Software Engineering) with great
satisfaction, especially considering that I'm also a KDE user.
Now I would introduce a little issue that I couldn't solve, while I'm
working in a simple Sequence Diagram.
I want to create the follow sequence diagram:

​
But I can't design it with Umbrello. I'm not able to do the activation bar
below the firt object to the left (in this case is named "UtenteSocio")
that is relative the operation of "visualizzaAbbonamento()".
Exactly when I try to do a "synchronous message", Umbrello automatically
creates the activation bar only to the right (preciselly below the object
"Sistema web") or only to the left (if I do the opposite operation before
clicking from left to right), while I would that the activation bars are in
both parts (both below the objects "UtenteSocio" and "Sistema web").
The follow image rapresents the diagram that I could design with Umbrello,
but it's incomplete:

​​
So you can observe that in the previous diagram created through Umbrello
the activation bar is missed below the "UtenteSocio" object.
Do you think there is a solution to this problem? Would you be able to
create the diagram of the first image with Umbrello?
Could you explain me how to create activation bars manually, without the
use of synchronous messages? if is possible?

Finally I would like to congratulate you for the great project you are
doing. Umbrello is very easy to use and has great potential, keep it up.
Thank you very much for attention, I hope you can help me, and excuse me
for my probably bad english.
Best Regards

Maurizio Luciani