[Uml-devel] Migration of KDESDK to git, finally? :)

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 8 18:27:22 UTC 2012

On 05/08/2012 05:11 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
Hi,

> Development utils for KDE developers:
> * kapptemplate - Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> * kdeaccounts-plugin - Carsten Pfeiffer?
> * kdepalettes - ? (and still useful? nothing build/installed here)
> * kmtrace - seems unmaintained
> * kpartloader - David Faure
> * kprofilemethod - David Faure
> * kstartperf - Geert Jansen
> * kuiviewer - Benjamin C. Meyer
> * poxml - uh, no license headers! (Albert Astals Cid)
> * scripts - lots of kde devs
> Lots of small tools/helpers, basically not useful for anyone outside
> KDE development. Dump in one repo?
>
> I also wonder if these utilities here should not be split out into a separate
> module, or the other way round, if all the "real" programs and plugins
> should not make up a new module called "devtools"/"kdedev" or whatever,
> so the module with the "real" products can be better promoted to users
> outside of the group of KDE developers.
> And kapptemplate could also move to the module kdeexamples perhaps, as kind
> of code-to-copy/start-from?
No, not at all. KAppTemplate is a full application which generates
templates to start coding. It's not examples.
kdeexamples has already the same sort of staring code than KAppTemplate
but new developers cannot use itso easily. With KAppTemplate, they say:
I want a new project named trial and they choose which sort of project
and it's generated right with the trial name and ready to be built.

Anne-Marie