[Uml-devel] Notes boxes empty on diagram export

Andi Fischer andi.fischer at hispeed.ch
Tue Jan 3 12:22:01 UTC 2012

Am 31.12.2011 00:51, schrieb Kip Warner:
> Hey list,
>
> I'm using Umbrello UML Modeller: 2.5.5-r1270953. When I go to export a
> UML diagram to SVG, any notes boxes on the diagram show up as empty in
> the generated image. If I export to PNG, they look fine.

Hi list and Kip,

The problem was an UMLWidget::updateComponentSize() called by
UMLView::forceUpdateWidgetFontMetrics(...).
The note widget (and also others) was then resized to its minimal size.
This should be fixed for now for SVG export (see revision 1271154).
Thanks to Kip for his observation.

The same thing still happens when printing.

The real problem is, that the resizing of widgets is broken and maybe
two updateComponentSize() of all widgets for printing and image export
is not the right answer.
This should be fixed in the future.

Regards,

Andi