[Uml-devel] SVN Revision in Version

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Jul 7 23:52:58 UTC 2011

Hey list,

$ umbrello --version displays some general version information, but the
difference between a distribution's umbrello and upstream is significant
now with all of the many patches that have been made, even though the
version string is probably the same of 2.5.5 across different binaries
distributed. It might be a good idea to add to the end of the string the
svn revision to make it useful for comparing different Umbrello
versions.

I'd add it myself, but I'm not familiar enough with CMake. Here are
instructions, however, for doing it with CMake:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3780667/use-cmake-to-get-build-time-svn-revision

After that, I think only kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello/version.h needs to be
changed.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred