[Uml-devel] Critical Bug

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Jun 27 01:07:54 UTC 2010

I have an Umbrello project that was a couple of kilobytes, then a couple
megabytes, and then, by golly, as of today, apparently 130 MB. There is
something seriously wrong with Umbrello's project file i/o because I
have surely not added that much content to the project. The code must be
seriously broken because that 130 MB file bzip'd is only 164 KB, so
clearly there must be a lot of redundant junk it is accidentally
writing.

I am deeply dependent on Umbrello and so I am very worried about getting
my project corrupted because the save times are also taking a very long
time now.

Here is the project file:
https://www.avaneya.com/temp/design/AresEngine_broken.xmi.bz2

Be careful. Though the file is small, it will decompress to 130 MB.

I am using svn head and any help is appreciated.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred