[Uml-devel] New branch to rework on GraphicsView port

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 04:39:53 UTC 2009

Hi,
  When I recently started to work on the the soc-umbrello and its
integration, I discovered quite a lot of inconsistencies and problems.

First of all, I was stupid enough to introduce new function naming
scheme which resulted in lots of changes between the trunk and the
branch.

Secondly, I went on to implement UMLView functionality in UMLScene
which greatly increased the differences between trunk and branch.

Thirdly, while porting widgets, I modified the way widget data were
saved in XMI without thinking about backward compatibility.

All these made my job really difficult. I am sorry for this, I didn't
intend to introduce complexity.

Fixing the above in soc-umbrello branch is not feasible as tons of
changes have to be made again. Instead, I created a new branch from
the trunk today morning so that I could start afresh. I will be using
soc-umbrello as a working prototype. I know that some of you guys have
put in lot of efforts to help me maintain the soc branch but please
understand the complexity involved.

The new branch can be checked out using the url
svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/umbrello-gv

I will try to keep the differences low and get graphicsview port
working again fast.

Please don't use the soc-umbrello branch from now on.

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A