[Uml-devel] Organizing files into directories

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 13:19:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Ralf Habacker
<ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:

> Andi Fischer schrieb:
>>
>> With the widget/controller directories you have the model-view separation.
>>
>> What about using a directory ./diagrams and then have one subdirectory for
>> every diagram (e.g. usecase, statediagram, classdiagram, ...).
>> This will be helpful for working on single diagrams and finding some bugs.
>> It would be also helpful if we use the plugin concept one day.

But there are certain widgets/models which are common amongst several
diagrams.. Otherwise your idea is good :)

> in the current implementation UMLView holds all diagramm types - diagrams
> are distinguished by UML::Diagram_Type
>
> Do you mean to derive a specific diagram type class from a View base class
> and place this into a plugin (= shared library) ?

Like I said above, we need to first address how to solve the problem
of having common widgets amongst different diagrams if we split up the
code as Andi said.

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A