[Uml-devel] [Uml-user] recursive file import from folders & problem on kdesdk4

Andi Fischer andi.fischer at hispeed.ch
Mon Mar 3 22:09:47 UTC 2008

---- pieggibo <pieggibo at yahoo.it> schrieb:
> > Hi Andi,
> > I'm writing from the kubuntu-kde livecd. I had some trouble to manually
> > mount the usb drive, but it eventually worked.
> > Umbrello loaded the project fine, but I don't find a way to
> automatically
> > generate diagrams. If I drag and drop classes into diagram it works,
> but I
> > can't select all the classes and drag them to the diagram, I have to
> drag
> > and drop one class at time. > Is there an automated diagram
> generation? I searched on web but no results
> > about diagram generation. I also looked int the code generation
> wizard to
> > see if maybe an option would allow to make the diagrams, but no luck
> there
> > too.
> > > As I mentioned in one of my first emails, the project has hundreds of
> > files, so this feature would significantly help.
> > > Thank you.
> > Claudio

Hi Claudio,

No, this feature is not implemented. By the way, I haven't seen any UML
tool that is able to do that (well, with one exception:
http://www.software-tomography.com/html/visualize.html).

Your project has hundreds of files. One class diagram won't be of any
help, because you can't see anything in such a big and complicated
diagram. You will be constantly zooming in and out, or redrawing the
diagram by moving your classes around.
One can use UML diagrams to visualize different aspects or different
parts of a project. Therefore create many simpler class diagrams by
hand. Create different views.

Regards,

Andi