[Uml-devel] UMLWidget all set for the new change ?

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:46:25 UTC 2008

Hi,
   After getting the initial QCanvas to QGraphicsView port *compile* i
chalked out some plans where I want to use bottom up approach.
I mean, i would first like to redesign the foundation classes to use
full potential of frameworks of qt.

So i started with umlwidget and i am prefixing the new classes with "New"
For eg UMLWidget -> NewUMLWidget

Eventually NewUMLWidget becomes UMLWidget. I don't do this now to
avoid hefty unnecessary compile time as well as too many chains of
resulting errors as UMLWidget is used in many files.

The new hierarchy would be as shown in the screenshot here
http://picasaweb.google.com/krishna.ggk/Projects/photo#5210725735018863490

Currently i have implemented NewUMLWidget. Here are the links
1) newumlwidget.h   ---
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-umbrello/umbrello/newumlwidget.h?revision=819703&view=markup
2) newumlwidget.cpp ---
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-umbrello/umbrello/newumlwidget.cpp?revision=819707&view=markup

As you can see, there are some intended change in method names like
documentation() instead of getDoc()
setDocumentation() instead of setDoc()
Basically i have tried not to use *get* prefix to follow regular
kde/qt coding style.

I now need your valuable feedback regarding
 1) My direction and approach
 2) My style of coding (i thought we have an opportunity to change the
style now)

I finally mention it again that my exams are nearing. So i can spend
very little time for umbrello which i decided to use it to set up the
base foundation classes.
So dont forget to give your feedback :)

--
Cheers,