[Uml-devel] The best tool ever for modelling/validating for both developers and customers

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 19:50:58 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just wanted to clear my brain pipe of ideas here. I would love to work a bit
on Umbrello. I've been thinking on something that would make the modelling
process really easier.

We have the tool for modelling. Right. Now, some pieces of the puzzle are
missing:

- As a developer, I would like to be able to query on my objects on the object
diagram for their methods. This is something I have started today, but with
no hurry, and that probably won't see the light, but I would like to give it
a try. So this is what we call validation.

What would be hell interesting would be following this steps, doing something
really amazing:

- When the developer has modelled the needs, the developer gives the customer
the class diagram.

- Umbrello could be added a first screen asking "Are you a developer or are
you a customer?". In this case our customer knows how to read and selects "I
am a customer". He/She loads the class diagram that has been given from the
development team.

- The magic: In a hell easy interface, the customer can draw use case scenes
in which he/she can test if the model really does what he/she needs, with the
option of saving the problematic cases, that he/she should send back to the
developer for this one fixing the diagrams.

I think this would be hell nice for any company that wants to follow this way
of development.

Ideas, comments ?

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070