[Uml-devel] Docs in cpp

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 12:06:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Oliver Kellogg
<oliver.kellogg at t-online.de> wrote:
> Ouch. Due to a change of my internet provider in June, I never got this mail.
> Anyway:
>
>> From: Gopala Krishna <krishna.ggk at gm...> - 2008-06-25 11:48
>>
>>  i was thinking to document the classes, methods etc in .cpp file
>> rather than the .h file
>> This according to me helps to get a quick overview from header file
>> while not compensating with the documentation as well.
>
> IMHO the header file is the public interface, and the documentation
> should go with the public interface.
>
> Notice that Umbrello mainline has followed this convention,
> so actually you are proposing to change that convention, which
> also means you would have to move all the existing documentation
> from the header files to the cpp files.
>
> Not a good idea at all, if you ask me.
>
> Thanks,

I have no regrets using any of these methods to document. The main
advantage i saw in "document in cpp" method was a quicker overview of
methods in headerfile.

I just find it sad for the work needed to bring back the documentation
from .cpp to .h file :-(

BTW if no one disagrees to Oliver, would it possible to delegate this
work as junior job to any newbies ? :)

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A