[Uml-devel] KDE/kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Oliver Kellogg okellogg at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 10 16:45:37 UTC 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 16:09, Ralf Habacker wrote:

> I saw that there is no category defined for umbrello in
> kdelibs/kdecore/kdebug.areas. Only the following ones are there:
> # kdesdk
> [...]
> Can you specifiy debug groups for umbrello or is one group enough ?  At
> least one group should be added.
>
> 8060        umbrello
>
> If you like I can add the following category to kdebug.areas

Sound good to me. (I think one number is enough.)

>                and change
> all kDebug() calls using the correct number.

Hmm, IMHO those kdebug(8060) calls plastered all over the place
look awful. Could we perhaps wrap that?

I'm thinking something like
  #define uDebug()  kDebug(8060)
or maybe
  static inline QDebug uDebug() { return kDebug(8060); }
declared in a central place (e.g. umlnamespace.h)

What do you think?

> BTW: The new kDebug() api prints already the class and methods where it
> is called, so there is no need to print this manual.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Oliver