[Uml-devel] Issues with Umbrello + pyswarm MDD

Anastasios Hatzis ah at hatzis.de
Thu May 10 14:38:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

now I have created my reference model PetStore in Umbrello 1.5.5. Nice UML
tool and this work didn't take much time.

On the modeling level I have found the following issues:

(1) As already posted yesterday: How to tag with-out TaggedValue?

(2) How to specify multiplicity of attributes in classes? (my tool assumes
default "[0..1]" for attributes if nothing specified. So if no work-around
Umbrello-user would not be possible to define required attribute values
with "[1]" in pyswarm apps.

(3) No Stereotype applicable on Dependency. Well, tool could fall back to
defaults.

(4) No Dependency supported with Operation on client side. Not important.

I have not verified yet, if these differences are caused by changes in UML
standard versions (reference model is based on UML 2). And I even don't know
if the named features I miss are non-compliant to UML anyway.

I think this looks good at the moment. It's just the tags which are required
to be specified somehow. I already thought about putting them into the
Comments... what do you think?

Finally one question: It seems like an Umbrello user can only apply one
stereotype per Class, Package, etc., right?

Since I think that I can work-around the tag-thingy (hopefully in a cleaner
way than abusing Comment), I will continue with analyzing the resulted XMI
output.

Best regards,
Anastasios