[Uml-devel] Code generation from Umbrello. Example models.

Andrzej Walczak awalczak at pit.edu.pl
Tue Jan 2 13:55:14 UTC 2007

Dear Umbrello developers,

I find Umbrello as a very nice tool which handles quite a big part of my
modelling needs. Quality of graphics is very good and editing
capabilities are fine.

I have tried few times to generate IDL and python code from the models
(because I use those two languages the most of the time: IDL for
modelling of interfaces and python for prototyping).

The problem is I think in the documentation which says nothing about
modelling conventions used for example to generate certain IDL
constructs or python code.

I think it would be good when knowledgeable person would provide example
models from which user could generate code and this way learn how to
model certain language constructs. This approach could help to fill in
the hole in the documentation.

I can see that Umbrello tries to follow UML profile for CORBA which is a
bit different than modelling convention used in Rose.

I personally could help by providing Rose models with IDL constructs of
certain complexity.

With regards from Poland, Andrzej Walczak