[Uml-devel] Two patches for Umbrello : color picker/delete item

Yan Morin yansanmo.site at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:17:01 UTC 2006

Yan Morin wrote:

>> Second, a patch to implement 'backspace key' or 'delete key' when you
>> select items in the listview.
>>
> Hum, sorry, but I found a flaw in my last patch for multiple delete item.
> Exemple: you have two classes, one with attributes
> + ClassA
> |- attribute1
> |- attribute2
> + ClassB
>
> When you select with shift, ClassA and ClassB, Qt select Class A,
> ClassB, and attribute1, attribute2 automatically even if you don't see
> it when it's not expanded. Also, when you use deleteItem(), it erases
> ClassA and attribute1, attribute2. So the iterator in the selected
> item loop are not good anymore, and crash happens.
> I don't see a way to handle it right now... In other case (without
> subitems), it was working so great...

Finally, I've found a way to handle it (use backspace to remove item
inside the treeview).
Solution: make a list of selected root elements only. Work with
Backspace Key, delete key on the numeric keypad. You select one or many
elements and you can delete them.
Issue, since you can't delete 'Datatype Folder', it won't delete its
children if you select the folder, but you can selected every datatypes
and delete them.

I've found when testing another bug. When you create a new attribute
with an invalid type, directly from the treeview, it crashes. I will
check later (next few days) if I can found something (some traces)
before posting a bug on bugs.kde.org.

There is also the features "Don't show roles" and "Don't show
multiplicity" that could be useful to add (for my project atleast) in
the properties view of each diagram.

--
Yan Morin
http://yansanmo.no-ip.org/