[Uml-devel] Student Project

Oliver Kellogg okellogg at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 19 19:27:36 UTC 2006

Hi Jonathan,

> Kevin Ottens is looking for projects his students could do in KDE.  It
> would be a team of 5 students and he suggested Umbrello as a project.

Hey, sounds great! Finally some much needed fresh blood ;)

> So we need well defined feature goals that they can achieve.  Here's
> my current list:
>
> 1) document current code base with up to date UML diagram
> 2) SQL export from E-R diagrams
> 3) Support all UML 2 diagram types
> 4) Automatic diagram layout when importing diagrams using graphviz,
> but avoiding evil licencing issues.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Number 1) could be extended to analysing bugs 84739 and 107347,
perhaps under some heading like "analysis of design deficiencies
in a complex Object Oriented system" or such.
Also, bug 126391 is reopened for the much deteriorated performance
with large models, another bug in urgent need of a fix.

Hope this helps

Oliver