[Uml-devel] Umbrello UML Modeller question

Ed McMenamin ed.mcmenamin at jdsu.com
Sat Feb 25 02:16:02 UTC 2006

Hi,
        I have a question regarding Umbrello sequence diagrams.  When
synchronous message is sent to an object, the lifeline shows a rectangle
along it indicating the duration of the message processing and a return
arc back to the sender.  But when the receiving object in turn issues
messages to other objects in the course of this processing, the rectangle
cannot be resized to accomodate more than one or two such messages.  The
rectangle that indicates the message processing duration is always the
same size.  I tried using sequence numbers like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc but
that made no difference.  Is there some way to capture that some message
processing is part of the processing of a message that invoked it.  Other
tools I have used either adjusted the duration rectangle automatically or
allow their size to be adjusted.

                  Thanks,

                                Ed McMenamin