[Uml-devel] Win32 port

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 16 10:29:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:37:51AM -0800, Ian Wilkinson wrote:

>    Thanks for your reply Jonathan.
>    I do use Qt commercial at work, but I would intend to do the port at
>    home, using the GPL version.  Oh wait, I guess that means using Qt4
>    then, since no GPL version exists for Windows Qt3.  Maybe I should
>    wait until Umbrello is ported to Qt4 then.  What do you think?
>    On the other hand, I may like to download the code with CVS and play
>    around to get a feel for the project.  Where should I go to get
>    started with this?  Do you know of a good free CVS utility for
>    Windows?

I suspect that if you are waiting on Qt4/KDE 4 you may be waiting some
time.  But there is no GPL'd Qt 3 on Windows so you would need the
commercial edition.

Another problem is that Umbrello is itself GPL'd so we would need the
permission of all the copyright holders to link it against a non-GPL'd
Qt.  That should be possible but may not be.

I have no experience of developing on Windows so I wouldn't know where
to begin, I recommend asking jstaniek for help though

http://iidea.pl/~js/qkw/

And also there people

http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/

Jonathan