[Uml-devel] Can't compile Umbrello checked out from svn

vrich12-umbrello at yahoo.fr vrich12-umbrello at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 22 11:40:11 UTC 2005

Thanks Jonathan!

 I have succeeded to compile the project and I have a better understanding of the KDE svn repository now :)
 However, I still had to export AUTOCONF=autoconf, AUTOHEADER=autoheader and AUTOMAKE=automake.

 Should the website be updated with this? :
 svn checkout svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common
 svn checkout -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdesdk
 cd kdesdk
 svn update umbrello
 ln -s ../kde-common/admin .
 export AUTOCONF=autoconf
 export AUTOHEADER=autoheader
 export AUTOMAKE=automake
 make -f Makefile.cvs
 ./configure --prefix=/usr
 cd umbrello
 make

 I will now start to read the source. I hope to be able to help you soon :)

 Best regards,

    Vincent

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> a écrit : On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:44:27PM +0100, vrich12-umbrello at yahoo.fr wrote:
>    I hope this is the right place to send my request.
>    Umbrello is a great tool and I would love to contribute developping
>    it.
>    I'm not new to programming (neither am I to UML) but I am new to Linux
>    programming and I can't succeed to compile Umbrello! (Shame on me (I
>    guess))
>    I followed the instructions given on uml.sourceforge.net/download.php
>    but I get errors with the make -f Makefile.cvs command.
>    Please see what I did:
>    svn checkout svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kde-common
>    svn checkout -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk
>    svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdenonbeta/unsermake

Ah, that's KDE 4 branch, which may well not work just now.  change
/trunk/KDE/ to /branch/KDE/3.5/

>    export AUTOCONF=autoconf
>    export AUTOHEADER=autoheader
>    export PATH="${PATH}:/path/to/unsermake"
>    export AUTOMAKE=unsermake

Shouldn't be any need to set the AUTO variables.

Jonathan