[Uml-devel] (forw) Umbrello 1.4 on KDE 3.2 with QT 3.3

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Jun 2 13:52:46 UTC 2005

I tried to add this report to bugs.kde.org, but bugs.kde.org crashes always
while entering the bug report. Can we fix this issue or is it already so
much outdated?

Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from Cesc <cesc.santa at gmail.com> -----

From: Cesc <cesc.santa at gmail.com>
Subject: Umbrello 1.4 on KDE 3.2 with QT 3.3
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:53:16 +0200
To: seb_stein at gmx.de

Hi,

Sorry to bother, but i do not want to create an account in kde bugtracker.

I was trying to compile umbrello 1.4 (downloaded from umbrello.org),
on my debian, testing, kernel 2.6.1, with kde 3.2 with QT libs updated
to 3.3.
But i could not.

The reason is a faulty checking in the configure script, when checking
for the makekdewidgets tool (only in kde 3.3 and above).

	original: if test -n "$kde33ornewer"; then ...
         		#this if test ... does not work ...

I changed the if (and turned kde33ornewer=0, so it would not search
for makekdewidgets, which is not in my computer) ... and now it
compiles ...
I am still not finished compiling, so more problems may arise ... but
for now, this fixed the ./configure problem

	kde33ornewer=0
	if [ "$kde33ornewer" = "1" ]; then
		echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for makekdewidgets" >&5

BTW, the configure script ... is a mess ... ever heard of indentation? ;)

C.

----- End forwarded message -----