[Uml-devel] (fixed) bug in Java code generation

Olaf Hartig OleBowle at gmx.de
Wed Jun 1 04:48:47 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've found and (probably) fixed the following bug in Umbrello 1.4.1 (released
with KDE 3.4.1).

I want to generate Java code without accessor methods. So I uncheck the two
checkboxes
- Attribute accessor methods
- Association accessor methods
at the "Language Options" tab in the "Code Generation Wizard" dialog. For
association accessors it works fine but not for attribute accessors - the
generated code always contains these accessor methods wether the
corresponding checkbox is checked or not. Umh?

After a short investigation I found the function CodeClassField::updateContent
in ./umbrello/codeclassfield.cpp and added the following else branch to the
main if clause:

	if (!parentIsAttribute())
	{
		// ... snip ...
	}
	else
	{
		for ( CodeAccessorMethod * method = m_methodVector.first(); method;
method=m_methodVector.next() )
			method->setWriteOutText( m_writeOutMethods );
	}

... and voila - it works!
I'm not sure if this patch breaks code generation for other languages, since
it does not seem to be used for Java code generation explicitly.

If you consider this patch useful, please commit it to CVS.
--
Bye,
Ole