[Uml-devel] Compilation Error in KDE 3.3.2

D. Anthony Robinson anthony at chinstrap.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 14 20:27:29 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just grabbed the latest sources from SVN, and ran configure and attempted to
make umbrello.

I encountered the following error:

main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
main.cpp:67: error: `setMainWindow' is not a member of `KWin'
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/anthony/sandbox/kde/kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/anthony/sandbox/kde/kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Digging around, I see that the most likely culprit is the #if on line 64
(main.cpp). It reads:

#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,2,90)

I searched the docs, and found that KWin::setMainWindow is "since 3.4". This
would probably explain why it's not finding a definition for that method.

Changing the "#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,2,90)" to "#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,3,90)"
allowed me to compile just fine.

I'm attempting to submit a bug for this on bugs.kde.org, but it's not behaving
very well at the moment. If it starts responding, then I'll submit this same
info there.
--
D. Anthony Robinson
Custom Miniature Painting at Mini-Painting Kicks-Ass!
GPG key available at www.mandrakesecure.net

I dunno, I dream in Perl sometimes...
             -- Larry Wall in  <8538 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>