[Uml-devel] [Bug 56184] Umbrello XMI file format doesn't conform with uml13.dtd
maalanen at abo.fi
Thu Dec 29 09:11:00 UTC 2005
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
------- Additional Comments From maalanen abo fi 2005-12-29 18:10 -------
> EAExample-DesignModel-xmi12.xmi - XMI file created by Enterprise Architect
> This demonstrates the XMI format of Enterprise Architect 5.00.764,
> XMI.exporterVersion 4.1.
Hi, please note that Enterprise Architect creates very bad XMI files:
- AssociationEndRoles shouldn't have "type" and "isOrdered", I think.
- TaggedValues come directly after an element, even though there should be the slot name in-between.
- Constraint elements should be used as associations, not compositions.
- The same "xmi.id" value is used multiple times for different elements. (!)
- Diagrams are serialized in some weird way, probably just their own invention.
In general XMI compliance between tools is nonexisting.
More information about the umbrello-devel