[Uml-devel] [Bug 117875] New: Imported C++ classes not saved correctly in the XMI file
maciek at work.swmed.edu
Wed Dec 7 09:09:01 UTC 2005
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: Imported C++ classes not saved correctly in the XMI file
Platform: Fedora RPMs
ReportedBy: maciek work swmed edu
Version: 1.4.3 (using KDE KDE 3.4.0)
Installed from: Fedora RPMs
Compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
Importing a complex C++ header (attached zCDataTypes.H) works fine, but when the model is saved and then reopened, most of the classes are missing. If these classes were included in a class diagram, they are missing from the diagram as well, rendering it incomplete.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Start Umbrello.
2. Import the attached zCDataTypes.H file by selecting Code | Import C++ Classes from the menu. I attach a screenshot (screenshot1.png) showing a list of classes (as well as a simple diagram that I created by dragging 3 classes from the list onto the diagram area).
3. Save the model by selecting File | Save As from the menu. I attach the test.xmi file that is the result of this step.
4. Close the model by selecting File | Close.
5. Reopen the model by using File | Open. (The same problem appears when I exit Umbrello and restart it.)
6. Note that several classes are missing from the "Logical View" list. Also 2 classes are missing from the diagram. I attach the screenshot (screenshot2.png).
I apologize for the complexity of the header file code. I am attempting to analyze a 100,000 line program written by another programmer by creating a map of classes, in order to redesign the inheritance structure. Unfortunately, the problem that I describe renders Umbrello unusable for this task.
Umbrello reports (in Help | About Umbrello UML Modeller):
Umbrello UML Modeller 1.4.2 (Using KDE 3.4.0-6 Red Hat)
However, the program was compiled and installed from the file umbrello-1.4.3.tar.bz2, which was the newest available at the time of this writing.
System (uname -a):
Linux nano.swmed.edu 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp #1 SMP Sun Nov 27 03:39:31 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
More information about the umbrello-devel